Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1st!

Hi all-- Yesterday I received a shipment of a second book that I am sending along to you. This one is a "math reference" book for calculus. Don't laugh (or cry!) when you see that it starts with a chapter on fractions. Actually, it will prove to be a useful handbook as we go through the course and this summer it will aid you in completing the practicebook that I am sending. Of course, now I have to go to Staples and buy a bigger mailing envelope for all of you, so you won't get your books until next week at best. When you do get the summer mailing, send me an email so I know you have the stuff. I know many of you are at Scholars, UConn or other adventures. Just let me know when you do finally get the readings in your hands. I've finished the 5 equations book and look forward to your reactions to it. Don't be surprised if it seems like you are reading about the history of science, European hi story, etc. you are! Now it is too nice a day to miss "exercising" in my garden. More at a later time.

No comments: