Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rudolf Clausius

Personally prior to reading this book I had never heard of Clausius, but I have heard of the law of conservation of energy. He discovered that it is possible to change one type of energy to another, for example chemical energy to thermal energy. Having lost his mother not long after his birth and true love later on in life he continued to discover new things. I think that the loss of his mother early on in his life caused him to focus more on his work rather than other things, and when his love died I think it probably only made him focus more and work harder to make discoveries. The two most important women in your life are your mother and your wife; he lost both and still managed to discover great things, and become one of the top minds in history, which highlights his devotion to his work. I am just glad that late on it is his name that is recognized over his fathers, because that is how it always should have been.

No comments: